Environmental Policy of the EMS ISO 14001:2015
The ISO 14001:2015 “Environmental Policy” outlines the organization’s approach to its effect on the environment. This statement must come from top management. This is because the policy will affect how every individual performs their job in relation to environmental impact. The environmental policy will display what commitments your company will make to control and improve their business in all aspects in regards to the environment.
The top management must establish, implement and maintain an environmental policy that:
- That suits the purpose and context of the organization, such as the nature, scale and the environmental impacts of its activities, products, and services
- Provides building blocks for setting environmental goals
- Includes a commitment to the protection of the environment
- Encompasses a pledge to fulfill its compliance obligations
- Consists of a commitment to continual improvement of the EMS in order to build the environmental performance
The environmental policy must be maintained as documented information, be communicated throughout the organization and be available to interested parties.