Selecting a Registrar
- Quote Basics
- Registrar Basics
- When to Select a Registrar
- Registration Costs
- Choosing a Registrar
- Complete List of Registrars
We provide you with a quick and simple way of receiving multiple quotations from up to three different registrars at one time. Where ever your company is in its certification process, we are here to simplify.
- Select Your Country
- Choose Your Standard
- Select Three Accredited Registrars to Receive Quotes From
- Complete Form
The certification form is automatically sent to the ISO registrars you chose. You will receive a copy of your submittal, and we retain one for our records. You receive a quotation within 72 hours so you may select the registrar that will best fit your unique requirements.
Looking for the right registrar to audit your company can be confusing. That is why the 14000store.com has partnered with many different registrars around the world and has made them easy for you find, choose, and hire to complete your company’s needs. (Or, to complete your registration audit.)
We strive to find you the best registrar for your unique company and needs while saving you time and money. Our process is proven to decrease the time needed to find the proper registrar and complete required audits for ISO certification.
When you choose a Registrar you are starting a relationship that will last at least 3 years, most likely longer. You will want to make a careful decision to lay the groundwork for a smooth and lasting relationship.
Generally, when you sign a contract with a Registrar, it will include the Registration Audit, and Surveillance Audits. The Registration Audit is the initial audit that will be done to see if you will achieve registration. After you have your registration, the Registrar will come back every 6 months or year to see if you are maintaining your system and continuing to meet the requirements of the standard. Registrars vary in their approach, so you will want to find out details from each Registrar you are interested in.
Your certificate will be valid for 3 years. After that period your registrar will be required to do another Registration Audit to renew your certification. The contract you set up with your Registrar will be for the three year period. You would renew your contract after three years to start the cycle again.
Registration Audit: An audit of your EMS system to see if you meet the requirements of the Standard and will achieve registration.
Surveillance Audit: A follow up audit of a portion of your EMS to see if the EMS is being followed and maintained. These are done every 6 months or year.
Organizations often wait until they feel their EMS is running smoothly before they select a registrar. However, we recommend choosing them earlier in the process – like when they are creating their documentation. Why?
- this assures that you can find one who is able to meet your timeframe.
- The advantage of interviewing them early is that they will ultimately be the ones who will evaluate your EMS. A registrar CANNOT consult for a company who they audit, but they can explain (based on their experience) how they intend to audit your organization. So if you choose them earlier in the process you can ask them questions along the way. It’s like asking the teacher what you’re going to be tested on. This can be important because much is up to the individual’s discretion (like a referee in a sporting event) and you’d be wise to consider it.
The costs for the audits and registration will be dependant on the size of your company, the number of locations, the accreditations that you need, and the distance between you and your Registrar.
The costs are typically dependant on the number of audit days required for the registration audit and the surveillance audits, the travel costs for the auditors, and the administration fees and accreditation fees for the registration.
When choosing a certification body for ISO 14001:2004 certification, these are the aspects the organization needs to take into account.
- You can achieve ISO 14001:2004 without seeking certification. The best reason for wanting to implement the standards is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your EMS. Certification of the management system is not an ISO 14001:2004 requirement.
- An independent EMS audit to confirm ISO 14001 certification is a business decision:
- Does a customer or agency require it?
- Does it help with risk mitigation?
- Would it improve public relations?
- Cost is not the only consideration. Criteria to consider include:
- Evaluate several certification bodies using our Registrar Checklist
- Has the certification body has been accredited? Accreditation, in simple terms, means that a certification body has been officially approved to certify organizations.
- Is there accreditation Internationally recognized/accepted? there are some organizations who are not internationally recognized.
- Does the Certification Body follow ISO/IEC 17021:2006?
ISO 17021 -Conformity assessment-Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems. Read who is accredited.
- Do the auditors have experience in your industry?
- Is the CB approved for certifications you may consider in the future?
The most important factor in choosing a Registrar is how well they can work with you. This includes how well they know your industry, how much experience they have with similar companies, and how well they communicate with you and your employees.
Interview 3 or more Registrars to get a good idea of the options available and differences between Registrars. Look locally if you have good choices, it will save on costs, but if you do not find a good fit look farther. The benefits of your relationship with your Registrar will pay off. Remember that these are experienced professionals that spend day after day evaluating how companies do business. The feedback you get from them is one of the best benchmarking tools available.
Here is a complete list of ISO Registrars for all of the major ISO standards:
- ISO 14001 Registrars
- OHSAS 18001 Registrars
- ISO 9001 Registrars
- ISO 13485 registrars
- TS 16949 Registrars
- AS9100 Registrars
- And more