What are the benefits of the Environmental Management System (EMS) Certification With ISO 14001?
An EMS meeting the requirements of ISO 14001:2004 is a management tool enabling an organization of any size or type to:
- Identify and control the environmental impact of its activities, products or services
- Continually improve its environmental performance
- Implement a systematic approach to setting environmental objectives, to achieving these and to demonstrating that they have been achieved
- Ensure legal compliance (aided by ISO 14001 registration/certification)
The main is that it is the right thing to do!
All of us wish to leave a world, for future generations, in which we have done a responsible job of protecting the environment. It can be stated that an ISO-14000 certificate serves as a driver and reminder that is everyone’s job to protect the environment by preventing pollution and continually improving the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the earth we inhabit.
Not only do you want to protect the environment, you also want to improve your environmental performance as an organization. You can accomplish this by doing what you do more efficiently and with better controls because you will have systematically thought and planned out your actions.
- Provide assurance to management that it is in control of the organizational processes and activities having an impact on the environment
- Assure employees that they are working for an environmentally responsible organization.
- Provide assurance on environmental issues to external stakeholders – such as customers, the community and regulatory agencies
- Comply with environmental regulations
- Support the organization’s claims and communication about its own environmental policies, plans and actions by gaining its EMS certificate
- Provides a framework for demonstrating conformity via suppliers’ declarations of conformity, assessment of conformity by an external stakeholder – such as a business client – and for certification of conformity by an independent certification body.
In addition, you want to maintain your position in the market place because more and more customers and countries are becoming environmentally conscious and are beginning to require that suppliers and companies show proof of sound environmental commitment. The proof and commitment are reflected in the ISO 14001 certification of your Environmental Management System.
How can the 14000store help organization become certified?
The 14000store developed tools, documents and techniques which can be used to assist their customers and clients in achieving certification of their EMS.